Tuesday 25 January 2011

Tutorial for Trifold Card

Hello folks its Gina here and I'm here to show you how I made my Trifold Card as Teresa has asked me to but you will have to bear with me as I've never done one before lol and I cant find it anywhere on web, I was sent a card a few months back similar but cant find it, i know its here somewhere as I keep all the cards I'm sent.
Any way here goes.

You need a sheet of 12x12 card Paper cutter, scissors 4 sheets of paper, length of ribbon pearls to match and Martha Stewart punches or you can use whatever punches you have and some double sided tape.



You will now need to Score your card at 6inches or 15 centimetres both ways across and at 9 inches or 23 centimetres as in picture,



fold your score lines them flatten them back out just to make it easier to cut , you can now cut off the shaded parts in picture above so you end up with this strange shape in the picture below



now you can make your folds as in the picture below and start to decorate your card



cut your first piece of paper to 141/2 centimetres square add your double sided tape to the edges and across the middle stick in place



now continue cutting and adding your papers and fold your pocket flap up attach double sided tape to the edges inside to secure the pocket as in the picture below



cut a strip of card just under 6 inches to go along the flap punch with what ever you have then attach with double sided tape on the inside you then cut your paper to size to cover the bottom DO NOT stick the flap down as this is how your card stands up



You now need to attach your ribbon i've attached mine with double sided tape in the middle as you wont see it once you've attached your image to your card




well your pretty much done now here are some pictures of one i made earlier
the first one is opened out completely showing you the inside


the next picture is showing you the card completely showing you the outside



in the picture below the card is folded and the ribbon is tied



in this picture its open so you can see how the card stands up



in this picture the ribbon is tied to keep the flap shut



Well i hope you can understand my instructions ok if not then email me and i will try to help you out. I hope you enjoy making this as much as i did, take care.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Gina a great first tutorial,thank you for showing everyone how to make your fabulous card, it would be great to see how others get on making this card too! if you would like me to show your creations just email me with your pics.and I will have a day of displays,
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Gina, fabulous. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tutorial Gina hun I will be def trying out this one. I will also put a link on my blog to it shug. Take care

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message it is lovely to hear from everyone.
Luv Teresa xx