Thursday 5 May 2011

Mother's Day Gift Set and a short Tutorial


Angela here, I am going to warn you this post has a lot of pictures and I will try to explain how I created my creations with a little tutorial. 
For my first pictute this is a Journal book I created for my Mom for Mother's day which is this Sunday here in the US.  I know I am no the Rubber DT but I couldn't help but use this beautiful Digi image by Sara Burrier called "Natalie"   She is one of the new Digi images that was just released.


 Here s a close up pf her and isn't she absolutley Stunning?  I think she is so beautiful so I had to use here for my Mom.

 Here is a Day Planner/ Calender.


 And here is her card I made her. I added some die cut using some Sizzix Dies, Tattered Flowers die, Pearls, Gold Glitter glue and Embossed Felt paper on the background of the card and I also die cut some Tattered flowers to add to her card.

Here are the main supplies I used for the Journal book which I created out of a notebook.
DP to cover the Notebook, Scissors, Tape Gun, Embossed Felt to create the flowers using Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die by Sizzix,  K&Company Die cut borders, Craft knife and the image that I colored.



 Here is what it looks like after I adhered the front cover with some NEW DCWV DP called 'The Tradewinds". Do the same to the back of your notebook also.


Then all you have to do is cut around your notebook and then sand around the edges to smooth or rough up the edges.

 Here is the image after I colored her and cut her out. 
Copics Used
Skin: YR000,YR0000, E21 and E11
Hair: E50,E51,E53 and E55
Dress: BV29,B39,B37,B34 and B00
Others: Y26,E42,E41 and E40


All that is left to do now is add image and decorate to your own taste.  All my friends LOVE these little Journal Books so I am always making them for gifts for me to give away or for request from some of my friends to give their loved ones.

But my Mom will get this set and I hope she loves them.


Make sure you go and check out all the new Digital images by Sara Burrier HERE at Crafts and Me Store.
Thanks for stopping by today.

: both; text-align: center;">


 I also added some sparkle with a Clear Sakura Gel Pen.

 Here is a cheap Day Planner that I picked up for .50 cents at a Joann Craft Store.  I just covered the Day Planner with the DP I wanted.  See next pic after paper was adhered.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it´s wonderful, it´s lovely, it´s adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes! You really rocked this! Gorgeous colouring and i loooove the colours used on your creations. Fantastic! Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Angela,great tutorial the colours go perfect with this beautiful image, your mum will love it.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Angela, just stunning. It's my birthday next week, can you knock up another one? Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message it is lovely to hear from everyone.
Luv Teresa xx