Tuesday 30 August 2011

Juniper and Dusk

Hi! Jane here to show you my latest makes using some of Crafts and Me's stunning digi images! The first one you may have already seen on the challenge blog for the current challenge which is lace. I used the gorgeous Dusk to create a spring wall plaque as she was perfect for a springtime look with those cute little bunny rabbits!
For my second card I've used the stunning new image, Juniper and created a vintage look by colouring in black and white and using the cracked glass technique over the image.
I took one look at her and thought she'd look fabulous in black and white as though she was an old Victorian print or something and I'm thrilled with how she turned out!
I used distress ink before giving the whole image a cracked glass effect with UTEE available in the store. Once I had the cracked glass effect I inked over it with distress ink available HERE. This gives such a fabulous aged effect as not only does it work into the cracks but in larger cracks it also seeps down into the cardstock to give brown spots which to me look similar to when a mirror is very old and the foiling is coming away from the glass. I was especially pleased with all the fine cracks that almost radiate from the mirror onto her face - how perfect - couldn't do that again if I tried LOL! For more details on either of my creations please see my blog.
Hope you have a lovely Tuesday and thanks for looking! x

3 comments:

  1. Stunning cards Jane,and that cracked glass technique gives a whole new look to the image, lovely,
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' how you made Juniper so vintage looking! ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juniper is perfect for vintage cards. I can almost imagine the sailor's wife sending out this card after her husband came back from an adventurous journey to the mermaid islands...

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message it is lovely to hear from everyone.
Luv Teresa xx