Friday 2 March 2012

New release digis - Lemon Shortbread!

Afternoon all!  Wow how excited am I that our latest batch of digis released yesterday include a couple from the designer Lemon Shortbread!  I love her designs and her character Melody is so pretty!  I couldn't wait to use one, well I want to use lots of the new releases which also include new Hannah Lynn's and Sara Burriers - check them all out HERE

I chose Butterfly Melody and decided to team her up with our delicious new digi papers from the Floral Fantasy range which are available in 12x12, 6x6 and 6x6 monotone.  I chose one of the papers and flipped it and added a new layer then copying the melody digi in JPG format, pasted this on top so its filled in white to colour.  I used a pale colouring of mauve on her with blonde hair adding a little gem and added a sentiment then simply matted onto a base.
My friend Tracy at craft club said she'd decoupage the flowers on these so I gave it a whirl and she was right, they look fab!  I did the ones in top right and the butterflies.



This is another sample using the papers and just a simple printed sentiment I die cut :)


And this is from a couple of weeks back using Lady of the Stars, I (very carefully!) added nail art stars as they're teeny tiny.



And last but by no means least this is Janessa which I made into an easel post it holder.  I have a cousin called Janessa so I got the colour combo from her as green and black are not ones I'd use very often but don't they go together really well?  Its noce to go offroad sometimes and try a new style, technique or colour combo :)





Off to see to my poorly ick lil man now! 

Vix

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful cards ! The first with the new digi is fantastic, love the scene, superb !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Teresa these are amazing !!! Love the lady of stars and the string of beads .
    Well done lovely cards
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow all gorgeous and beautiful cards
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,the cards are beautiful.
    I just bought 5 HL images & run out of printer ink,DOH!!!
    sat sulking now until new ink arrives :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vix, I love that you have Butterfly Melody sitting on top of the flowers! Isn't that digi paper a wonder to work with?!?!? How great that you cut out and popped some of the flowers too! It's a pleasure to see your beautiful work here. Thanks. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message it is lovely to hear from everyone.
Luv Teresa xx