Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas is all around

Hi everyone, Karina here today. I hope you are doing fine and am ready for Christmas. All preparations done? Not many time to go anymore... where has the time gone. It feels like the last weeks passed by like a jet... :o)

Lately I was so much in the mood to create Christmas cards with image which are not christmassy. And this was so much fun. Today I want to share two of them with you.

The first one I made is with one of my most favourite Sweet Pea Stamps image called 'One and only heart' by ching-chou kuik's. I coloured the image with Distress Inks. The papers I used are from Simple Stories. I love how it turned out. I haven't use that much embellies as I usually do. 

Here is a close up of the image.


The second card I show you today is the one I made for our last challenge at Crafts and Me Challenges. We had the theme Winter / Snowflakes. I thought why not create a card in non usual wintery colours? And with a non christmassy image as well. I love the result.

For this card I used the image 'Night Blossom' by Janna Prosvirina. I coloured her with Distress Inks as well and added some Stickles on her wings. The papers are from Rico Design. I already had it for quite some time and finally used it.


Here a close up of the image as well. Where you can see the glittery wings any better. The Snowflakes die is from Whimsy Stamps.


Now I wish you a not to stressy final spurt to Christmas and hope you can enjoy a lightfull advent season.
Have a magical week!
Hugs, Karina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karina
    Both cards are gorgeous and beautiful
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both apsolutley beautiful cards, wonderfully coloured and just the right amount of embellishments, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message it is lovely to hear from everyone.
Luv Teresa xx