Thursday 1 April 2010

I'm a pastel card really....

I hope you've all popped over to the brand new challenge blog for Crafts and Me with not one, not even two but THREE prizes up for grabs! The theme is Faeries or Wings which given our addiction to sweet pea fairies should be a breeze!
Come and say hello to us over here! wave

Its my turn again to show off my latest creation and I've chosen one of the brand spanky new stamps called "Time Flies" which is available here
You can also get it on a full plate number 11 with 3 other fab stamps and a sentiment (also used here)

OK for this week I've made a pastel card, really it is but is cunningly disguised! I coloured the Time Flies image with promarkers in pastel colours as I had a challenge in mind and it looked perfectly fine then I decided to fiddle with the shawl, just add a bit of colour here and a touch there and hmmm, should have left it as it was! However help is always at hand in the form of some shimmerz paint and glamour dust so the shawl is all sparkly now.

I love making my own backgrounds and had been rummaging in my cupboards and spotted an old tricolour inkpad I havent used for years so thought I'd give that a blast and made the background overstamped with stars and then stamped on a stampscapes stamp around the edge.

Its a gatefold card and the sentiment from the front is on the sheet 11 which I stamped and embossed onto aubergine card which I thought would go nicely with the background inside. I've used a cuttlebug folder called Jules Jewells on plain black card, the inside panels Ive gone over with metallic rub ons in various colours.
When I finished I remembered I was supposed to make a pastel card but it kinda took on its own direction!




vix

6 comments:

  1. Vix I love your card and what you have done with time flies she looks beautiful, the stampscapes stamp is also lovely.
    Luv Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Vix, lovely image.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I'm just speachless, what a gorgeous creation !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Love the colours and how she is inside the card very enchanting!!! Love Chanelle XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Vix, gorgeous image and colours. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woh Vix I love it the background is amazing I have not tried this yet but I want to and you have made me want to go for it :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message it is lovely to hear from everyone.
Luv Teresa xx