Sunday 21 November 2010

Here's some I made earlier....

Good Afternoon *waves madly* and how are we getting on with the Xmas card making? I'm popping over to show some creations I've made recently using gorgeous stamps available at Crafts & Me which you may not have seen yet :) I've won blog awards for several of them and the feedback has been immensely positive but then they're absolutely gorgeous to work with so thats half the battle!

First up my Wintergreen Wishes in Pink, I saw a challenge for Pink Christmas and I just had to enter it, who can't resist a bit of pink! This one won Top 3 and Top 5 awards and a Top prize and she's so easy to colour and looks nice in any combo you choose! She's coloured with Promarkers and highlghts with sakura stardust pens. I sprayed the flowers with cosmic shimmer (Angel Mist) to match. She has long flowing locks and a big face area and really is simple to colour so if you're looking for something thats quick look no further.
Here she is again in traditonal Xmas colours for a totally different look :)


Next up is one of the new Kraftin' Kimmie stamps - Cinderella. I just loooove her dress and can lose myself colouring her, beautiful and suitable for many occassions (Xmas, Birthday, Prom etc) Again another one that's easy to colour though I do like to spend my time on her and again colour is no object, anything you like :)


This pretty lady is Krista by Hannah Lynn and again another one that screams COLOUR ME! Oh I do love this stamp and like playing around with different colours in her hair :) Here's a blue and a pink version with a pink and yellow version is on the shop.



More of a nautical one here and this is Kathleen again by Hannah Lynn (Can you tell I'm rather fond of Hannah's designs!) A bit tricker to colour so if you find your promarker nibs a bit fat for some of the more wispy bits I switch to a sakura pen for that.


A couple by the designer Molly Harrison, this first one The Gift is proving quite popular as I've seen her a few times round blogger and again if you're looking for quick and easy simply stamp, colour your hair and skin tones and I just added cool aqua promarkers around the edges and used the blender pen to smudge them out then I've used a glue pen and glamour dust aka ultra fine crystal glitter for sparkle on the wings.

This is another by Molly Harrison called Hiding. She's also quite easy if you left the background plain as she looks good in any colours. For the background here I used promarkers and the blender pen to tone out from light blues to black then smeared stickles over it for the stars.


Ths one is another by Kraftin' Kimmie called Cordelia. Again she's coloured with promarkers and sakura stardust pens and for the tail I coloured it in completely with a glue pen then added blue ultra fine glitter. She also comes with the fish stamp too!


One of my favourites now by Hannah Lynn called The Butterfly Keeper. I broke away from my usual blues and dark tones as the pink and orange paper was calling me! I do love how she turned out, she's a very pretty girl and a dream to colour!

And last but not least this is the gorgeous Adrianna coloured with promarkers and sakura stardust pens. There is a tutorial HERE in the shop on how I did the background and tail.

I love this close up showing all the sparkle! The earrings are made wth tiny 4mm daisy spacer beads and a sticky pearl.

I hope I've given you some inspiration and ideas on various ways to use these fabulous stamps! If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Vix

4 comments:

  1. Hello there, Oh my Vix, where do I start on commenting on this marvelous collection of cards you just showed me!! You are one brilliant artist I must say. I am very impressed (and a little humbled too). I was rather proud of the last couple of cards I posted but seeing this, I know I'm really just a beginner. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm looking and trying to learn from you.
    Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I go on your Christmas card list please Vix ?

    The are absolutely gorgeous. No idea how I missed Hiding, need to go order that right now.

    An the colours of the hair on the last one is just wicked, love it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw ! such fabulous creations ! really lovely !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning cards vix with lots of inspiration
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message it is lovely to hear from everyone.
Luv Teresa xx